This Privacy Notice describes how C. H. Boehringer Sohn AG & Co. KG uses, stores and discloses (together “process”) the personal data we collect about you through this website. In any event, we will only process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws (i.e. the General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR).
1. Use of Data and Legal Basis
1.1 Contact form or other requests
We process your data in order to provide you with the agreed or requested services on this website:
- if you register and log in;
- if you take part in training courses or events;
- if you send us inquiries about products or possible adverse events.
The legal basis is Article 6 (1) b) GDPR . If you send information about possible adverse events the legal basis is Article 6 (1) c) GDPR (see section 3 for specific information about adverse events).
1.2 Log data
1.3 Cookies and similar Technologies
1.3.1 Essential Cookies
Essential Cookies are necessary for the website to function properly. Such Cookies make a website usable by providing basic functions such as page navigation and access to secure areas of the website or language settings. Due to their importance for the website's functioning, you cannot opt-out from this kind of Cookies. We base the related processing of personal data on Art. 6 (1) b) GDPR Essential Cookies we use to provide this website include Cookies, which
- allow a visitor to receive site content from one out of multiple servers as the user browses the site,
- determine whether a user has accepted a category in the Cookie banner,
- maintain the status of the user for all page requests.
The lifetime of essential Cookies we use extends from the respective session up to one year.
1.3.2 Cookies for Website Optimization
We use the following services of third-party providers:
You may choose not to have a unique web analytics cookie identification number assigned to your computer to avoid the aggregation and analysis of data collected on this website.
To make that choice, please click here to receive an opt-out cookie.
1.4 Further purposes for which we process your personal data
We process your personal data to:
- meet our legitimate interests, including to:
(i) complete a corporate transaction (e.g., corporate restructuring, sale or assignment of assets, merger); and
- meet our legal obligations, any court order or other binding decision;
- with your consent for other purposes, such as, the subscription to a newsletter; in this case you have the possibility to withdraw your consent at any time.
2. Specific Privacy Notice for Pharmacovigilance
If you report adverse events or other pharmacovigilance relevant information to a Boehringer Ingelheim product we will use and share this data solely for pharmacovigilance purposes. (Pharmacovigilance is the detection, assessment, understanding and prevention of adverse effects or any other medicine-related problem.)
All reports will be shared with Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH who is operating the global pharmacovigilance database.
Boehringer Ingelheim is obliged to report pharmacovigilance relevant information to health authorities worldwide (including to countries that may have another level of data protection compared to the EU). Legal basis: Art. 6 (1) c), and for transfers outside EU Art. 6 (1) f) and Art. 49 (1) e) GDPR.
The reports will contain details about the incident but only limited personal data:
– For patients, the report will only contain, age, gender and initials as provided, but never the patient's name.
– For the reporting individuals, the report will include the name, profession (e.g. physician, pharmacist), initials or address, e-mail and phone number as provided. The contact information is required to be able to follow-up with the reporter to gain high quality and complete information on adverse events. If the reporter does not wish to provide his contact details to Boehringer Ingelheim or authorities, “Privacy” can be entered in reporter's name and contact detail fields.
Where your data is shared with other Boehringer Ingelheim companies, business partners or service providers outside of the EU, we will provide an adequate protection of personal data.
As reports about adverse events are important for public health reasons, reports are kept for minimum of 10 years after withdrawal of the product in the last country where the product is marketed.
3. Your Rights
Subject to limitations in applicable law, you have a right of access, rectification, restriction, erasure, and portability of your personal data, as well as the right not to be subject to automated individual decision-making.
You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Right to object:
To the extent we base the processing on our legitimate interests, you may opt-out from such processing at any time. In this case, we will not process such personal data any longer unless our interests prevail. You can object to the use of data for direct marketing purposes at any time. You may also object to the processing of your personal data for the transfer to authorities outside the EU described above in Section 3 for pharmacovigilance cases unless the interests of Boehringer Ingelheim prevail.
Please send your request or any question you have in relation to our processing of your personal data to:
C. H. Boehringer Sohn AG & Co. KG
– Data Protection Officer –
Binger Strasse 173
D-55216 Ingelheim am Rhein
If you still have concerns, you may have a right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority for privacy in your country or responsible for BI:
Der Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit Rheinland-Pfalz, Hintere Bleiche 34, 55116 Mainz, email@example.com